Monday, April 03, 2006

Right down the Crapper

I realize now that yet another word's meaning has been altered by the stupidity of the people. Another word from my cherished English language, whose so many ups and this-away make it beautiful to write, has come to take on something different from its original form.

I've written before on the true meaning of decadant, and today I see terrorism has also changed. I've been watching the word terrorism take on its new meaning for a couple years now, but this article seems to suggest that it has been accepted.

Terrorism is the act of inflicting terror or fear in the witnesses through force, or the threatened use of force. Yet in today's age, the word has changed to mean the work of al Qaida, or other such groups that we fear. A terrorist, has become to mean a dark or olive complexioned man with an islamic name weilding a weapon.

The police feel the man in the article wanted to either torch the place or kill himself. I would argue that arson is a form of terrorism. Yet police have ruled out terrorism, stating "He's not a strap-on al-Qaida bomber guy"...

I realize my language is alive and constantly changing, but I think this is a dangerous change. We are, I believe, living in decadance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home