Tuesday, July 12, 2005

metabolism, what?

I thought excercise is supposed to make one more energetic, and wake up early.

As it stands, with intensive Taiko every night, I'm sleeping through my alarms. I think it's mild dehydration.

Last night after practice and a cold shower, I took a nice little walk down to the convienience store for a beverage. Picking up some tart vitamin C packed drink (like cranberry, but i forget the fruit in question) and some dried squid, I paused for about half an hour by this rice paddy I have liked for three years. At times, while listening to the synphony of frogs and the sound of wind through rice, I wondered if it was disrespectful to be eating a fellow water creature in their pressence.

Anyway, Manny has asked when a good time to come to 小倉祇園太鼓 is. Let's throw out some information for the viewers:

Friday, July 15th→ Prolly Taiko throughout Kokura. We will be infront of the NTT building by Cha Cha Town, most likely playing from 7 until 10 at night. Will update this entry when I know specifics.

Saturday→ Starting about 6:30 pm, we will be moving through town playing drums mounted on a float. From about 7pm, we will pause in front of Quest and play there for about an hour or so. This is a wild time. From there we will weave through the 魚町 arcade stopping and playing, playing and walking.

Sunday→ Massive event at Kokura Castle from about noon with about 30 groups playing together. From there we will move to 小倉駅の北口 (north entrance of kokura station... out towards Laforet on the ground floor) and play a good 6 hours or so. This is also a good good evening.

Hope to see ya out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home