Friday, April 14, 2006

Life just got simpler

So I moved into my new apartment on the first of this month, actually. While some things instantly became more convienient (seeing かりん, going to work, coming home drunk) some things didn't change. I still don't have a fridge or a stove, so I am still buying food in it's prepared form, though I do have all my spices lined up in the kitchen ready to go.

But today I found a tiny little fruit and vegetable stand not a two minute walk from my house. Talking with the old farmers that run the stand, I now know they are there Tuesday and Friday mornings, and have a good little selection of fresh produce ready for my cooking needs.

I told them I still don't have my kitchen set up, so I couldn't really buy anything today, but they wouldn't have me leave without a gift of some fruit, cause they don't need a fridge. I should come at 5 am or so because if I come then, there will be a bigger selection... I like to think I will do that at least once.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are closer to your sweetheart... must be nice! Sorry I couldn't make it there en route to or on the way back from Kagoshima, but next time I'll definitely stop in Kokura, if not make it my goal. Would love to see the new place and meet the lady -- not to mention see you again, amigo.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home