Friday, August 04, 2006

4 years

I could be the Olympics, my friends. Or the World Cup. I could be many things. Fact remains that I have been in Japan exactly four years today. Four years ago today I was fresh off the plane, in awe of Tokyo, saying "Don't know what all the fuss is about, it's not so hot... then I got out of the airport and air conditioning and felt my lungs feel the hurt of humidity, like I had just inhaled saw dust.

Every four years also what it feels like updating my blog. Hasn't been quite that long, but feels it. I'm an extremely busy man.

My finger is healed up nice, though I still can't bend it all the way. Takes many many months to get back to 100% I'm told, and I haven't been doing my exercises like I should. I still baby it.

My new apartment is a dream, though lacking in screens, meaning I do get some bugs in my living space. They cast strange shadows when they just hang out on my lace curtains and the light from the street light is cast into my livingroom. But it has nice hard wood floors (I would prefer tatami throughout, but only have it in my bedroom) a decent kitchen (though lacking in cupboard space) and a great little room that will soon be my office, though now it is just a very large walk in closet.

After 8 months of school and unemployment I am back in the black. Somehow, after only working for 4 months I have managed to squirrell away a decent amount of cash, and have paid back the peeps who loaned me some fetti to pay the bills. Well, all except the folks, and I'm gonna start sortin them out next week.

A rather boring entry for such a momentous day, but whatevers. I'm back, ain't I?

Mahalo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home