Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Canada's New Government???


So I've been a little pissed off at this "New Government of Canada" for several reasons, first and foremost being the ridiculously self righteous insistence that government agencies and personnel refer to the Tories as the "New Government of Canada". I understand the desire to separate yourself from the Liberals, and the fact that the Liberals were in power for a decade, but to force it as official nomenclature is utterly pompous.

They are so fascist, they fired a scientist for refusing to use the term, see here, though he was reinstated after some public outrage.

Last week I noticed the Government of Canada website had been changed to state this "New Government of Canada" title, which I strongly disagree with, as the current party is only a temporary representative. I see now the main page has been changed back to the original, though Harper's page still says "Canada's New Government".

So now we read that this "New" Government is slashing spending to those who need it most. I don't want to sound like a pot supporter, but when it comes to those suffering, I think it is a good thing. Other losers under the new regime seem to be our forests, our women, and our museums.

So the present government is fucking over the little guy. Tell me, what's so "new" about that?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice touch at the end, there. I think the only 'new' part about it is that they seem to be pressing the rate and speed with which to screw the little guy. What's more, they're taking a very Bush 'let's not even try to hide it' approach to it all. I guess that's midly 'new'. They are merely trying to change things for change's sake (because people were disgruntled with the old), not because it is warranted.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home