Saturday, August 05, 2006

Zainichi in Canada at Buliding 44

Insane dream of being back at my parents' house last night, though my parents were no where to be seen. Karin was there, and then out of the depths of nowhere, about 30 cars converged on my house and out came 10s of Zainichi Koreans. Though it was my home, I had to pay the respect to my elders.

Karin made me go and prepare Oshibori for them all, so i rummaged through my closets to find face clothes that I then ran under cold water, rolled up into Maki and broght back on a nice plate, only to find that everyone had moved on to Buliding 44,though I have no idea what that means.

As I made my way through small pedestrian streets to Buliding 44 a group of Mormons pushing Barbeques crossed my path, so I stopped to get a burger that, throughout the dream, ended up on the floor three times.

Building 44 was a tall and beautiful piece of architechture, with pillars and glorious windows, but with rediculously narrow stairs. I handed my burger to a child on the second floor while I climbed the stairs. He dropped it. His mother said sorry, and handed it back to me.

I think this dream has something to do with the fact that I went on a beach trip with about 150 Zainichi Koreans about 2 weeks ago. We barbequed at the beach, and everyone was suprised and impressed with my existence there. One guy said to me "you got balls, coming here." . It was a comment of reverance, nothing nasty. He was just impressed that I would go on such a day trip with my girlfriend's family, when she wasn't there. She was working.

It was a good day trip, and a bizarre dream.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been having insanely odd dreams about being home lately too. Insane dreams about being here at the same time... all meshed into one. At least I'm finally starting to sleep again.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home