Friday, August 04, 2006

Changes

So I moved into my apartment and started my job as of April first. As of September first, I will still be in my apartment, but I won't be at my job.

We've quit. Or rather, we've given notice.

I was approached by a private high school that heard about me. They offered me about $10 000 more per year, plus transportation, plus one third my rent, plus a great vacation package: 3 weeks in winter, 3 weeks in early spring, one week in late spring, and a month in summer. Do the math and that amounts to a no brainer.

Though the money and the time off are all really appealing, that wasn't my only motivation. Check this, there is a master potter that teaches... well, pottery, at the school, and I'm hoping he will take me on as a student. Apparently, he's somewhat excentric. One of the other teachers said "well... he's... you'll have to get to know him first, you see... he's an artist. yes, an artist."

Sweet. Nothing a few off the wall comments won't solve. Like the fact that I don't trust plastic bags floating in the wind.

Though it'll be a bit rough at first (waking up to be at morning meetings again) I am really looking forward to being finished at 4:30, compared to 9 at night, which is the case now. Hell, getting one third my rent means I can move into a more flash apartment and still pay roughly the same I pay now. Savy?

A lot of things to look forward to, my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home