Saturday, August 12, 2006

I want my Dinky Doily, Dammit!

Lots in the news this week, as it were, with American Senators complaining about Canadian safety, non-tax-paying-not-really Canadians complaining about the way they were evacuated from Lebanon (hey man, ya didn't have to get on the boat. you have a Canadian passport by loop-hole, and have never lived in Canada anyway) why the Canadian tax-payer flips the bill, and new airport fears that inevitably mean that there will be more regulations and rediculous rules at airports in the near future.

Up until today I was looking forward to going home during my winter break. In any event, I think this will just kick start me to do what I've wanted to do for a long time: pay the extra money to avoid flying through the States. Is there any other country that makes you collect your checked baggage during a lay-over, only to go through the labourous task of going through security to re-check your bags? If so please let us know. I think it says they don't trust the compitence of other countries.

No more bringing your own water on the plane? Come on now. How long till anal cavity searches for all passengers? How long till clothing is no longer permitted? Welcome to your nude Club Med trip to icy Chicago. Dinky Doily provided free of charge to warm your exposed and shivering member, cause we appreciate your business.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myke: I know what you mean. The funny (or sad) part is that when you do have to pick up your baggage and recheck-in etc., most travel agencies will tell you flat out that you "will not make the transfer in time," which in turn begs the question why they hook it up that way. Yeah, it's best to avoid stopping in the States altogether.

Not sure when the cavity searches will become mandatory, but the strip-searches will be uneccesary; Britain now is testing machines where you can see through the person's clothes to their naked body. My guess they'll have women inspecting women, and men men, but who knows?

As for the water, I know it's pretty ridiculous, and they don't bust out the drinks right away except in first class.

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home