Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sweeeeet Dreams

Well, we've done it. We've bought a wicked duvet for winter, and let me say that I have not slept like this in a long time.

Went to look for a bookshelf, and ended walking out of the store with a $150 duvet. In the store I saw a Japanese duvet for about 40 bucks, and had that in hand when we walked past a duvet that looked like it was cascading down from the heavens. In reality, it was cascading down from a railing, and was made in China. Yup, no comparison, feeling that stupid Japanese duvet that doesn't really keep you warm cause it's too firm and doesn't curve to your body and is filled with pollyester or something. Quickly tossed that Japanese crap aside and grabbed the Chinese white duck down comforter that felt like labia to my fingers. Soft. Sensual. Comforting.

There was also a Russian white goose down duvet for about 400 bones, but figured the duck would do us fine.

Unbelievable - the sleeps I get now. Yesterday I went over to Karin's for a bit. The first thing she said when we walked into her room?
"I miss your blanket."

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

now that's love...

10:41 AM  
Blogger Akira Sundance said...

interesting you should mention this. at first i had written something to the effect of "if that's not love, i don't know what is" as the last line of this entry. i errased it knowing my readers had the gray matter to read the inferrance.

cheers

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool... very cool indeed.

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home